Monday, March 16, 2009


It was the 6 in the evening, time to leave

As I packed my bags and let out a huge heave

My inbox glowed with a nasty red light

What I saw completely changed my sught

It was a nasty mail from my boss

My whole life went for a toss

It was not one of those everyday blips

A note that gave me what u dread, a pink slip

The car and house dreams vanished into thin air

I cried hoarse boss this is just not fair

Where are those countless hours that I spent in front of the laptop

They all seemed to count to nothing as I climbed the rooftop

As my mind raced and heart skipped beats, I could feel the sweat

I thought about my wife, the baby to come and tried to forget

I closed my eyes and decided to end the coming days of shame

The dreams of money, foreign vacations and countless fame

I jumped and felt nothing for some time�������..

Till I realized my wife was shouting at me for a long time

The dream broke, but I was happy that this was a nightmare over

I walked into the bathroom empathizing with the man in the mirror

�.Sai

1 comment:

Nilesh said...

Good one! I felt really good until I read the last three lines!!!