Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Looking Back....

I remember the first day my father got a black kinetic Honda home. When I hopped in for a ride, I sat facing behind. As the vehicle rolled on, I was loving the experience of looking back.

Sometime back , I had my school friends at home for new years and dinner. This was courtesy my best friend who made it a point to get quite a lot of people on board. His enthusiasm resulted in me meeting some people with whom I had spent some of the most funniest (note: not just happiest) moments of my life. This also included a girl whom I proposed in my 11th standard just because she was the first girl I spoke to on the phone.


I could finally stand up to this friend of mine who in class 7th was the epitome of cool. Aerosmith in 7th, Nike shorts and a Wilson racquet he stood out in the class of me toos.

He had matured today and is in every true sense a cool guy till date in my books. I can say this because my efforts to become cool have just resulted in very loose pants and more often than not tripping over and falling at my face in drnken madness.


As I see, sitting in the scooter and looking back was a very important part of me that I have realized only today. I always love to look back at the screw ups I have done in the past and can laugh at myself.


For 2009, I wont be bothered if things go wrong. Sitting in the scooter, I will always laugh at them in 2016….


2 comments:

Karthik Anchalkar said...

Nice Nice....
But there must be more screw up then anything else in ur life to really think abt in 2016 or even in 2099!!

Kartik Menon said...

wat are u upto nowadays???